New Belgium Brewing is reimagining its flagship Fat Tire to make it easy drinking, with a medium body, crisp finish, and deep gold color. The bright flavor profile offers subtle caramel and floral aromas and light bitterness.
In announcing the reformulation, New Belgium highlighted its action on climate change and advocacy, including;
- Investing in aggressive carbon reduction initiatives toward our science-based targets to continually lower Fat Tire's footprint – from solar, biogas and solar thermal generation at our breweries, to funding climate-friendly barley breeding research, to supporting our packaging and malt suppliers in reducing their own climate impacts;
- Becoming certified as America's first carbon neutral beer and giving our blueprint away to competitors for free;
- Brewing innovative beers like Torched Earth Ale, made only with ingredients that would be available in a climate-ravaged future and designed to kick-start a new consciousness about climate threats to things we love, including beer;
- Donating more than $17 million to frontline climate organizations through our $1 per barrel philanthropy commitment;
- Holding big corporations responsible for the majority of global emissions accountable with innovative tools that enable customers to take direct action;
- Providing leadership as part of climate policy coalitions working at the federal, state, and local level, with recent successes like the Inflation Reduction Act and Colorado's Producer Responsibility for Recycling bill;
- And much more.